After yesterdays painting disaster, I decided to simplify my palette with a white on white challenge. This painting was actually done a couple of hours before I "finished" it, but there is still something about it that pleases me a little.
The pic is not ideal, since I took it after the sun went down. This was a fun painting. The reds where challenge, but I like how the strawberry in front turned out. That is a good thing, since it is the focal point.
I find flowers difficult to paint, but I think that I am getting better at it. I decided to work with a high contrast value this time. Looking back at my paintings they all seem a bit subdued and so contrast will be my new objective.