Tuesday, October 9, 2012

# 223: Pomegranate and Blue

6" x 6" oil on canvas

I was out of commission for a few days with a nasty sinus infection and then proceeded to have a couple of bad painting days  (the evidence of, I choose not to share at this time) and then had a camera breakdown. Those are my excuses of not posting for almost a week.

I have been attempting to paint pomegranates and I am mystified as to why they have been causing so much anguish. They end up looking like bright red alien eggs. Anyways this one turned out OK....still a little alien, but OK.  Perhaps the triadic color harmony helped.

2 comments:

  1. This is very satisfying on many levels.
    The fruit and cup really jump out at you, and the care taken on the reflections gives a nice stopover on the trip through the art.
    Primary triad adds to the boldness and makes me want to hold them in my hands.
    I think the alien-ness is a big part of their appeal.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the above.

    ReplyDelete