Saturday, October 1, 2011

# 52: Attitiude

6" x 6" oil on canvas
I don't have  a lot to say about this painting...except that painting the glass felt good but painting the little squash did not. I really have difficulty with creating a sense of form when I am using warm hues such as reds and oranges. I know that it is about using the complement in the shadow areas but I am also going to try something else as well. I will paint the little squash again today and work on establishing a neutral in order to unify and neutralize the entire palette. Then I will be able to use pure color for a bit of "pop" in selected places. I learned of this trick by reading another blog.

1 comment:

  1. I agree.
    The glass (and table) are rather nice... once again those colors sneaking in the back door add a lot of visual interest.
    on the squash you might explore some further analogous colors like some muted reds, or go the other way for some dull greens... both would sit well, and both darken nicely.


    .

    ReplyDelete