Friday, September 2, 2011

# 30: "San Capistrano Mission"

8" x 10" oil on panel

It was  lovely day on Thursday when I went on a paint out to the San Capistrano mission. Except for the parking ticket everything was perfect. Painting out is invigorating, but I do have trouble dealing with the light and just "seeing" the painting. That window on the right needs to get knocked down and lighting of the bushes is a bit confused. other then that, I am happy with it. I did a gray scale study first and as you can see, the values on the bushes makes more sense.

5" x 7" oil on canvas paper

By the way, I have met my 30 paintings in 30 days goal! Today I celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. 30 paintings in 30 days!
    Congratulations!
    There's been definite growth in many areas as you well know. I'm eager to see what your paintings will look like after the next 30 days.

    This one's cool too, and I really like the value study as well.

    Don't stop.

    and.
    watch out for the cops lady.




    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're painting so fast, I can't keep up with my comments. Kudos on meeting your goal, Alice! It's been fun looking at the work you've completed this past month, and how new inspirations have influenced and crept into your pieces. I especially like this painting, and don't see a problem with the bushes. (I like the surprise of blue and the purple in the smaller one). Carry on!

    ReplyDelete