Friday, December 9, 2011

#100: Unfinished Apples

6" x 6" oil on canvas

Ding- Ding- Ding! I have hit the 100 mark. Though I have not painted every single day, i have been pretty consistent, missing only Tuesday (that day I go draw and draw the figure). I have even tried painting on Wednesday night, though I tend to beat, I do what I can. I decided to commit to posting the painting as is the next day. This painting was in fact painted on Wednesday. I had to stop because I started to fall asleep on my feet and I had an early rise the next day. 
I decided that I was going to work on it some more on Thursday. Well that didn't end up happening and so I am up-holding my commitment after all and here it is in all of it's unfinished glorious state. instead of "finishing" it, I decided that I would paint the same subject today, since it seems to me to have  a lot of potential.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS.
    Really so much growth over the 3 to 4 months!... (not to mention those early chess pieces)
    On number 100 I really like the vague appleness the unfinished nature has produced; the background DOES look incomplete, but it's easily upstaged by the apple glow.

    I can't wait to see what number 200 will look like....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 100th !!!

    Love the apples and how the fabric is going.....

    Helen Cooper

    ReplyDelete